Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus 2107 settings interaction

I have a Buderus G115 boiler with Riello burner and Taco Bumble Bee circ in a 20 degree delta-T setup. I have the 2107 with room sensor and everything set for continuous circulation. The house is single floor, perimeter baseboard, and single zone. Heat works well but it seems to not be as warm as it should on moderate days, like 45F or warmer outside. On cold days it is fine.

I have a fairly simple question: what is the interaction between the ROOMCOMP setting and OFFSET setting? I understand to get more heat on shoulder days I should raise the OFFSET - this makes perfect sense if I didn't have the room sensor, but will the room sensor compensate the boiler temperature down as I raise the OFFSET? Also, what exactly does the ROOMCOMP setting do? I understand if it is zero the room sensor has no effect, but I am not sure what the difference would be in setting it to 6 versus 18 degrees.

Thanks in advance.

--Paul R.

Comments

• Hilly
    Hilly Member Posts: 427
    Have you tried calling Buderus or Taco? Honestly when I had an interaction issue on the past both companies were very knowledgeable, friendly and willing to help out. They're probably your best bet if you don't get any immediate feedback here.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Move the Comp to 18 (max). If 0 is no influence, 18 is maximum influence.I'd leave offset alone. The manuals explain it better, but do this and problem solved. I presume you have BFU
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com