Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Replacing manual Thermostat.

Options
Hi
I have a Solar heat pump system fitted. This has a manual 3 speed fan coil thermostat with a setpoint control.
I can control the heat pump by it's timer but not the fan coil. When the heat pump is switched of the fan continues to run unless you manually switch it of. Similarly when the heat pump comes on in the morning you have to manually switch on the fan coil. Can anyone recommend a solution where I can switch on the fan automatically.

Regards
Wobbler

Comments

• Lance
    Lance Member Posts: 270
    Options
    Your information is too little for me to be specific but this may help. You can wire in a fan relay to operated the fan on a specific speed when the heat pump turns on/off. Relays come in various voltages.
  • Wobbler
    Wobbler Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Lance

Thank you for your reply.
    Not really sure how to accomplish that, I have attached details of the heat pump circuit board and the thermostat.
    My problem as I see it, is the thermostat works independently from the heat pump and the only control it has is the high temp setpoint. I could achieve better control albeit without fan speed with a central heating programmer and room stat. I find it hard to believe that air source heat pumps do not have a equal control.
    Please let me have your thoughts.

Regards
    Greg
  • SherlockOhms
    SherlockOhms Member Posts: 13
    Options

Not sure what you have for equipment, there is a bit of options for various applications, here is a typical heat pump wiring, I saw no wiring on your info.
  • SherlockOhms
    SherlockOhms Member Posts: 13
    Options

This is the bigger picture beyond the thermostat.
  • Wobbler
    Wobbler Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi SherlockOhms
    Thanks for your post.
    My problem is the thermostat supplied with the system does not have enough controllability see attached PDF file showing wiring for HL108DA2/DB2. This will not allow me to control the fan by the heat pump or by a timer. I have to manually switch it, not good for waking up to a cold house of blowing cold air all night.

Regards
    Greg