Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Supplier of Vent-Rite #1 adjustable vents in North Jersey?

JimmyNJ
JimmyNJ Member Posts: 107
As the title says, I am looking for a local plumbing supply shop that carries these vents in North Jersey. I have tried calling some shops around me but they have no idea what I am talking about and it seems that the only adjustable air vents they carry are the Varivalve Heat-Timers (which I already have a ton of, in a box in my basement!). If anyone knows a shop in the Morris County area that carry the Vent-Rite's I would appreciate it.

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    Those are getting hard to find anywhere, probably because people won't pay the price. If nobody comes up with a local source NewEgg lists them at a pretty good price point. -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1ZR20J8636&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Appliance+Parts-_-9SIA1ZR20J8636&gclid=CPPM7eCDvMMCFaHm7AodJmMAkA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Local distributors complain about people going online for parts and then keep cutting down on the number of parts they stock. I don't know what the solution is is but this model isn't working.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • jimmythegreek
    jimmythegreek Member Posts: 56
    Ive never seen them at any supply houses here in morris county area, and if you do find them they will be way more expensive. I would just order online, even tho I try to support my local supply houses, some things you just have to get price on, like gorton #2s, they are 40% more at the local supply house.
  • JimmyNJ
    Okay - Thanks for the input. I also saw that Amazon has them (via a third-party seller based in MA) for a decent price. I may try that route. By the way, can someone tell me the venting capacity for a Vent-Rite #1 on it's highest setting? Is it higher than a Gordon #D or equivalent? Thanks.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    A Gorton D is .33 Cubic ft. at 1 OZ. of pressure, a Vent-Rie #1 is .083 Cubic ft. at 1 OZ. Pressure.
  • JimmyNJ
    Thanks Fred. I am a bit mathematically challenged, but to confirm, the Gordon D's venting capacity is about three times the Vent-Rite's #1 highest setting?
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    edited January 2015
    Actually about 4 times the capacity of the Vent-Rite at its highest setting.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    A Vent-Rite on the highest setting is equivalent to a Gorton #5 vent.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • JimmyNJ
    Thanks for the information guys. Appreciate it!
  • JimmyNJ
    Update. I found what appears to be a good online supplier of Vent-Rite #1 vents. I ordered 5 vents and got them within 3 days and the price per unit seemed fair. Hope this helps anyone that is looking for these vents and is having a hard time finding them locally (I searched far and wide in NJ....even contacting Emerson Swan but it appears that no one around here carries the vent).

http://www.phwarehouse.com/brands/Vent%2dRite-Valve-Corp.html
  • Dave_154
    Dave_154 Member Posts: 25
    Yep. Good place. I got my replacement Ventrites from them last year.
  • cnjamros
    cnjamros Member Posts: 76
    Thank God for this thread and @JimmyNJ's link. I needed ONE more Ventrite #1 and Newegg no longer has them on the site. Just ordered from Plumbing Heating Warehouse.
  • JimmyNJ
    cnjamros said:

Thank God for this thread and @JimmyNJ's link. I needed ONE more Ventrite #1 and Newegg no longer has them on the site. Just ordered from Plumbing Heating Warehouse.

Glad I was able to assist a fellow heatinghelp.com follower! (especially as I have gotten a ton of great advise from the kind experts here on the Wall and unfortunately is not in a position to dispense much advise to others due to lack of expertise/experience).
  • bbillcee
    bbillcee Member Posts: 35
    thx for this im gonna order these also from there also
  • bbillcee
    bbillcee Member Posts: 35
    would these be good to use on the second floor of a 2 story house?