Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Monoflow Baseboard

Options
Fitzy
Fitzy Member Posts: 4
I live in an old 2 story house with baseboard hot water heat. It has monoflow fittings and an equal amount of baseboard on both floors. Problem being, the second floor over heats by far and the first floor stays around 71 degrees. The colder it is outside the worse the situation. What could be the problem? There are valves on the 2 returns of the system but, they only look to serve the system as front and back of the house...

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Post photos of the boiler, the connections for the supply and return, and where they split apart to go to the first and second floor. And where they come back together again.

This isn't a steam boiler/system is it?
  • Fitzy
    Options
    Hot water...
  • Fitzy
    Options
    Also...the boiler is 2 years old...it was piped as "pumping away"...I'll have to post any pics when I get home. I did remove about 5-6 ft of baseboard for a kitchen remodel but replaced it with a hydronic toespace heater. about 4500 btu's...
  • Fitzy
    Options
    I replaced the boiler when we moved into the house at the break of heating season so, I don't know if the problem already existed or not...
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Sometimes if you close the top of the baseboard, that doesn't let the heat out so it caries the btu to next room, but what I really think you need is a heat loss calculation for each room. It's clear that some rooms are over heated or just the opposite as other rooms doesn't have enough heating elliments.