Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Independent thermostats

I will be running a manifold with 7 independent loops and I want to zone heat every loop independently. I know I can purchase 7 separate thermostats and run the wires directly to the boiler, but due to the fact that I have interior brick walls, I was hoping there was a wireless option that could control 7 separate actuators or maybe even just wireless sensors that can be connected to a main hub....any ideas out there?

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Yes Honeywell wireless t-stats are available, no wires but may cost some coin. If it does what you want I guess it's worth it.

Peace;
    Mike T.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Be aware that if there is any metal in the ceilings like wire lathe or radiant copper coils in the ceilings, Flex-Watt radiant electric sheets in the ceilings, you can have interference with the signals from the thermostats to the receiver. And if the receiver isn't near the boiler controls in the boiler room, a RIB wireless relay may not send anywhere near as far as the Honeywell transformers do.

Some of us and others have come to the conclusion (from experience) that the expense of trying to zone control every room in a house is not cost effective and the minor savings will never be recovered in a lifetime. Nor in two lifetimes.

Area zoning has always been more effective, cheaper to install and cheaper to run. Experience for some of us shows that the January savings aren't enough to buy a Venti coffee at Starbuck's.

Then, Mother wants the thermostats set the same because she doesn't like walking into cold spaces. When Mother is cold, she and life are miserable. She will want to spend the cold months in Florida where she feels warm. You'll spend far more on the Florida warmth than you will on all those extra thermostats and the cost to do them.

IME