Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Various cast iron radiators for sale or donate, hate to scrap

field_engineer
field_engineer Member Posts: 10
edited November 2014 in Buy, Sell, Barter
I have converted my home from hot water to forced air. I know you ask, why did I go and do that, trust me it was a fuel cost issue. Anyway, I have cast iron radiators of various sizes, no one seems to want to buy them, I was wondering where I could donate them? I am located in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comments

• Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Do you have any pics? Might be worth my time to drive out there to pick them up.
  • field_engineer

I also have the matching Arsco custom made steel covers
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Just those 3 radiators?
  • field_engineer
    No, I have others, just have not removed them all yet, they are cut loose, all the basement piping is removed. May a matter of getting them out of the house. Really would like to sell them, 50 each, I have the custom covers c as well.
  • BAILEYDRUM
    BAILEYDRUM Member Posts: 2
    Please call bob asap in regards to radiators 216-386-8555
  • BAILEYDRUM
    BAILEYDRUM Member Posts: 2
    I need a total of 4 radiators and I will pay for them as well as remove them , please let me know what sizes you have, thanks 216-386-8555 ,Bob
  • field_engineer
    Bob, Just tried to call, no answer and you mailbox is full, check your missed calls, my number is a 440 number, I have 3 out now, not exactly sure of the sizes, I know the one that is still installed is 6 ft long x 22" tall x 12" wide, this one I will require help removing. The 3 in the picture if I had to guess are 36 tall, 9" wide, 28 long, and 28 tall, 4" wide, 28 long. the last one 36 tall, 9 wide, 18 long. I am out of town for work until Friday.
  • field_engineer
    Bob, I have 2 more still installed, can be removed easily, measure approximately 19 x 38 x8 and 22 x 44 x 12.
  • Jildorfel
    Jildorfel Member Posts: 2
    wondering if these are still available? thanks
  • field_engineer
    Yes they are.75 each for the small ones, I have one 6 footer for 200.
  • Jildorfel
    Jildorfel Member Posts: 2
    would you be able to give me a call - I would like to send someone out over the next few days to take a look at them - our number is 216-273-6140
  • richharris24
    richharris24 Member Posts: 1
    Give me a call if you still have the smaller 3 9376202652 or 9376105500 I'm in Dayton ohio could come get them Sunday or Monday ask for Richard
  • ddyson15
    ddyson15 Member Posts: 5
    I have 12 from steam heating system. Location in NJ, 30 minutes from Philly. Anyone interested? Trying to save them from scrap.
  • becca6711
    becca6711 Member Posts: 2
    I have a cast iron radiator would like and appraisal or someone to buy it
  • bicyclegirlohio
    bicyclegirlohio Member Posts: 1
    I have a cast iron radiator (circa 1910) approximately 6500 btu, with beautiful filigree markings. It was removed during a kitchen remodel of my house. I live in Cleveland Heights Ohio. Please respond if you are interested; thanks!!
  • KenClunk
    KenClunk Member Posts: 1
    In Lakewood and looking for a radiator cover. Came across your post. Did you still have those? Feel free to call or email if your prefer. 216.367.9187 kenclunk@gmail.com
  • standards26
    standards26 Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in the radiators I need at least 15 please reply or email me back at standardstosuccess@yahoo.com we can pick them up
    Rob1017
  • hunkbuilders
    hunkbuilders Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2018
    I’m gutting a two family house that has 14 radiators that I need to get rid of in the Cleveland area please let me know if anyone is interested please call 440-258-4726
  • Rob1017
    Rob1017 Member Posts: 1
    I have 6 all together but I only posted 4 I'm trying to get rid of them all if I can if anyone is interested let me know
  • mrd1995
    mrd1995 Member Posts: 12
    @Rob1017, are these still available? If so where are you located?