Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Can't Stay Signed In

Dave_154
Dave_154 Member Posts: 25
I'm signed in, use the back key (or gesture) to go back, lose the signed-in details. Go forward, signed-in again. If I click on 'Strictly Steam', I stayed signed in but simple click on a post and 'back' doesn't work. Pretty consistent and makes the board horrible to read. OS X, Safari. I thought maybe it was Ad-Blocker, but no. Just me or are there others?

Comments

• Dave_154
    Couple of more details. It only happens on page 1. If I refresh the page, I'm signed in again. At least I have a work-around. :)
    Also noticed the issue doesn't occur on page 2 on, just the first page. Maybe this will help someone else seeing the same issue.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Just tried all of that, Dave, and had no problem. No one else has reported anything wrong. Let's see if anyone has a report. Meanwhile, I'll check with the techies. Thanks for the heads-up.
    Retired and loving it.
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    This happens to me too. I just thought it was my personal settings. It's been consistent for a while now...maybe since the changeover.
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • DanHolohan
    Here's what I learned:

If the people who are experiencing this are on mobile, they may be in private browsing mode in Safari or Chrome or something. Actually, this could also be on desktop mode, but it's less obvious on an iPad or something. If their browser is DARK in colour, that's private browsing mode and causes logout issues.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203036
    Retired and loving it.
  • Dave_154
    Not on mobile, not private browsing on OS X.
    Check on my Win8.1 Parallels session, everything is fine. Must be a Safari 'feature'. :wink:
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    FWIW I'm on OSX (6.8 and 10.9) and use Firefox with no issues. I'm thinking of installing 10.6 on the newer Imac because it is so much faster than 10.6 is.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    I don't get signed out. I have noticed that if I go to the main site it looks like I have signed out, but when I go back to the wall I am still signed in. On the main site it shows "sign into forum" in the upper right hand corner of my screen, but clicking that or clicking on "the wall" shows my name in the upper right corner showing I am still signed in. This is on my PC not the mobile site. I don't use the mobile so can't speak to that.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • DanHolohan
    Thanks, guys. I've passed all of this on to the team. They'll get into it more deeply next week when they come back from the holiday. If you have any more thoughts or comments in the meantime, just add them here. Happy New Year!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Dave_154
    Working fine today..... :) I'll update if anything changes.... 2014 bug?
  • Dave_154
    Everything is still fine from my side. I'm chalking it up to Safari/OS X.