Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

anti scalding mixing valve

Options
2»

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Mark......You don't install the a thermostatic mixing valve for the "norm". You install for the one-in-a-million chance that someone with the flu, passes out while getting into the shower, for instance. If the person survives, it will change their life forever.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    There are legitimate concerns with regard to pushing water from the (cooled) hot pipe into the cold pipe. There are compelling arguments to the contrary. The practical concern is that you really do need to understand what codes apply in your jurisdiction.

I now believe that properly implemented tankless electric post heat actually works better than DHW recirc in a majority of residential and light commercial applications.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    In most areas all tub and shower valves are thermostatic mix valves, limiting the temp.delivered to the fixture….I prefer to keep hot and cold lines completley isolated, but thats just me...
  • maybemark
    maybemark Member Posts: 1,131
    Options
    thank you all for your advice and thoughts
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    As long as the mixing valve is ASSE-1017 approved it is fine to use at the indirect water heater. Caleffi, Honeywell, Watts....
  • maybemark
    maybemark Member Posts: 1,131
    Options
    thanks rob