Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Bumblebee questions

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
This discussion was created from comments split from: Delta T pump, circ controlled zones, with a Prestige Excellence.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• ElvirMujahodzic
    ElvirMujahodzic Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello guys,, 1 st time posting,, pls excuse my lack of knowledge in advance,, i recently installed a Weil McLain ultra, 155 in my home,, I have 3 zones, 1 of which is radiant , ( about 200 sq ft) the question I have,, I installed 3 taco bumble bee curcaltors,, ( I liked they way they looked) and i figure I could save some cash on the electric bill as the brochure states,, I have all 3 of them on a fixed speed ,, all maxed out,, ,, i wanna use these pumps the proper way , otherwise I could've saved money and just got regular Idc pumps,, I read thru some of the comments, and im still a lil confused about what the right mode is for these pumps and my systeam,, if one or more of u guys can explain it to me in dummy terms ,, would help me out a lot,, im a pretty good heating guy, just not understanding some of the technical terms ,, pls explain, thank you
  • Steve Thompson (Taco)
    Options
    If all three Bees are used for zoning (pumping into a zone) I would recommend these be operated on delta T (temperature differential), mounting the supplied temp sensors on each zones supply and return. The radiant zone could be set for 15 deg F differential and the high temp zones should be set at 20 deg F (assuming these delta T's were used to design your system).

If one of the circs is dedicated to the boiler you could try experimenting using setpoint temperature, limiting the return temp helping the boiler condense (assuming it's a condensing boiler of course) or use the delta T feature, again setting it at 20 deg F (reducing boiler cycling costing you more fuel cost).

Conversely, if you have a non-condensing boiler you could as well use the setpoint temperature to insure the return temp does not go below 140 to 145 deg F. If you are not up to the "experiment", to be insure no boiler damage run the boiler circ at constant speed. If all else fails, have a qualified heating person advise you and set-up these at the site - energy savings with a properly setup system will easily give you a great return on investment.

By doing this you should increase overall system efficiency and save on your power bill.

Hope this helps.