Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Service managment software

Options
tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
Hey all, Happy holidays. Can any of you chime in on what service management software you are using. I am trying to find a good reliable product for customer management and dispatching. May or may no include accounting. Would really appreciate some input. Thanks in advance, Tim Smith

Comments

• Don_197
    Don_197 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    I have used a product called Goldmine for years......and have been VERY happy with it. The worst thing I can say about it is "you will never be able to utilize ALL of the functionality of Goldmine". It tracks history, dispatches, has the ability to share info with Quickbooks, does mail merging for sending out letters/flyers/newsletters etc to customers.......and MUCH MUCH more. Depending on the size of your service department and how many people you need accessing it at the same time, you can get into it for less than $2,000.00. You will end up paying yearly or monthly "maintenance fees" for each "seat" (number of concurent cusers) but in my opinion, if you have 3 or more service technicians......its a no brainer. It is incredibly powerful, and now that I am working for a company that uses a completely different software.....I MISS GOLDMINE TERRIBLY!!! I turned our companys service ticket into an Excel Spreadsheet, and save each and every work order to the customer contact record where the work was performed.......so always had instant access to complete customer history. I also used Goldmine as my email client, so was able to track all electronic correspondence by customer.........loved it....miss it......wish I still had it.

Don
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Don, thanks for a reply on this, I will look at Goldmine. I am going a little crazy looking at all the programs. ugh, Tim