Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

spirovent/supervent location

Paul_69
Paul_69 Member Posts: 251
Can you also put a microbubble air elimanator on the return piping on a hydronic heating boiler rather than the supply if you are pumping away,if no room etc. To put on supply?

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    you can... Its just not the "best" place.
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    You can put them anywhere, but the best place to put them is where the supply from the boiler to the system is, because they work best where the water temperature is highest.

On my system, it is not done this way, because there is no practical way to do it. Mine is piped primary-secondary, and the microbubble absorber is in the secondary loop where the hot water enters from the primary (boiler) loop. But the secondary (system) loop has temperatures from 78F to 140F (and seldom over 133F), so this is not ideal. The installing contractor put it exactly where the installation manual said to put it, but I disagree with W-M that that is where it should go.

The only practical alternative is to move it (or add another one) on the primary loop where it goes to the indirect hot water heater. But since the indirect is used only about 20 minutes a day, that is not useful either.

As it is, If I get air in the secondary loop, it takes several months to get it all out. But once the air is out, it stays out. Thank goodness. Air gets in when I change circulators, but I imagine that to be a rare event. It also gets in when the techie has to put some more X-100 water treatment in, but that is not needed every year.
  • Paul_69
    Paul_69 Member Posts: 251
    Thx