Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

12 Steam Radiators for sale; Cincinnati

Recently [unfortunately] converted my house to forced air, and don't want to see the radiators scrapped. All rather plain, from the American Radiator company, patent date of 1921. Sizes range from a 22" 7 column 23 section to a tiny 26" 3 column 9 section. I can provide a complete list of sizes and photos if anyone is interested; I've been told they're only worth scrap, but thought I'd check here before I hauled them away.

Comments

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    My condolences on your loss. Wish I lived closer because I am looking for a small rad. By the way is the person that said they are only good for scrap the same person that convinced you to convert to forced hot air? They have value have you seen how much new ones go for?
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    edited December 2014
    Please let me know the sizes. do you have any that are wall or ceiling hung. Are these actual steam rads and if so, are they for two-pipe?
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • JoelThomasRunyan
    JoelThomasRunyan Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2014
    vaporvac said:

Please let me know the sizes. do you have any that are wall or ceiling hung. Are these actual steam rads and if so, are they for two-pipe?

I have one wall hung-- 23" tall, 3 column, 12 section. They are actual steam rads, were hooked in to a one pipe system, but appear to have an outlet for two pipe.

I'll just list the sizes below, each in three numbers; height (in inches), columns, and sections:

26, 3, 9
    23, 5, 20
    33, 4, 16
    23, 6, 16
    32, 6, 15
    22, 7, 23
    20, 6, 11
    38, 4, 11
    23, 3, 12
    21, 7, 17
    32, 6, 14
    32, 6, 18

Can provide photographs of each. They vary in condition, but all work.
  • vaporvac
    Don't mean to be a pain here, but.... any chance you could give me the dimensions of that wall hung as well as a pic? Does it have its brackets and valve?
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF
  • JoelThomasRunyan
    No worries. Radiator is 23"h x 31"w x 5"d. Brackets and valve are here. imageimage
  • vaporvac
    thank you joel. I'll have to measure my exact maximum width tomorrow. Does the 5" in include the bracket? Sorry again for asking such specifics, but I'm looking for one that will fit behind a door that I need to open . It's a tight fit.
    The valve is interesting. Is there any name on it? Too bad it's missing its handle.
  • JoelThomasRunyan
    The 5" does not include the bracket. I'm guessing it adds around two inches. The valve has "Perma-Pack" and "Eureka" on the front.