Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My single pipe oil fired radiator is spitting out water as well as banging what Cani do

Options
Nawrozef
Nawrozef Member Posts: 2
Additionally I have checked the pitch of the radiator which is fine , made sure the valve is open, also called the survice company and the guy did adjust the pressure as the gasket for the boiler was replaced on my Weil mc lain boiler. This is happening only on this one big radiator which is in the living room . I find this very strange as no work has been done to this radiator which has worked fine for a decade.

Any help in this is much appreciated.

Thanks
Navi

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    Make sure the pipe that feeds the radiator and the main that feeds that pipe all has slope so water can find it's way back to the boiler. Something may have shifted or a pipe hanger might have come loose.

If you have had work done on the boiler look at the sight glass while it's making steam to be sure the water is reasonably stable, if any oil found it's way into the water it might need to be skimmed.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Options
    What highest PSI is the boiler achieving? What does the near boiler piping look like? Got a pic?
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Can you repost in the steam section for even more advice.
    Unfortunately the website here does not always guide those with steam problems to the proper area, and I m sure that the webmaster is working on a solution!--NBC
  • Nawrozef
    Nawrozef Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Ok thanks will do so