Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett Display Tool

Installed a new Beckett Genisys 7505 primary controller and clipped the little 52706U Genisys display unit on top of it. About three weeks later the display unit seems to have gone numb. The primary itself is still working fine and doing what it's supposed to. Valve on delay is right, motor off delay is correct, burner is running fine, no problems. It's just the display. Run status and run time at 6 minutes was frozen on the scren but the burner was not running. None of the membrane buttons would change anything when pressed. Cycling power brought it to the "view history" screen but it just stays there forever. Buttons do not respond. I'll have to snap on another display to see if it's just a bad display. Anyone had trouble with these little displays? They provide good information when they work. It's all snapped on carefully and tight and it worked fine for about 3 weeks and no one has touched it. Thanx. Dave M.

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Why are you leaving the "tool" installed on the control? It is designed to program and or review cycle history/readings.
  • Dave M
    Dave M Member Posts: 36
    Because it's the snap-in-place one, designed to stay on top of the controller. The "tool" one is functionally the same but has a ruggedized case and a cable that is connected and disconnected as needed.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    edited November 2014
    Never used the snap in tool, only the per use one with the plug. I would contact Beckett and ask them that question. I personally don't think they were meant to be a permanent fixture on that control, as they draw for display. I could be wrong though.
  • Dave M
    Dave M Member Posts: 36
    Just to close the loop on this, the snap-on Beckett display was actually OK afterall. There are black plastic tabs that snap into slots in the primary controller and one of them was not secure. It just needed to be pushed down tightly and assist the tab into the slot. Need good light to see it. All's well.