Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

combustion analyzer

Options
Looking to purchase one. Any thoughts?

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    I have an older Wholer and it works ok. I have sent it in 2 times in 4 years to get it worked on and brought into spec. Not cheap. I originally had a UEI and took it back after a week... junk , imo.
    Next time I will prob get a Testo.
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    I am a total TESTO fan-boy. We have two 327's and a 310. The 310 is a very basic model and usually sits in our shop as a backup.

The older 327 has been with me for about 5 years. It's been dropped down stairs, fallen out of trucks, subjected to cold and hot conditions. Serviced every year (one-day shipping in NJ). Works great.
  • MASTER MAN MECHANICAL
    Options
    thanks guys appreciate the input
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'll repeat my comments on the UEI C155/157 here again:

No electrochemical O2 sensor to replace (uses an infrared CO2 sensor instead.)

Bluetooth option removes the need for a thermal printer.

Five years of full coverage included (sensor replacements and calibration.)
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Don't overlook the Bacharach Firerite "Insite". I bought that one because I used a Bacharach Firerite oil "Wet Kit" for years and went to Bacharach for their Insite. It was carried by my wholesaler, and they carried parts. Like Oxygen sensors that are field replaceable and do self calibration.

After a year or so, you get an error message and you just pop off the back and put in another 02 sensor. Good to go.

Another to consider.

If my wholesaler had been carrying Testo, I would have bought one of those. They are all about equally good now. The more you use them, the smarter you get.