Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello hydraulic jack ...

rhowe33
rhowe33 Member Posts: 6
edited November 2014 in Oil Heating
Hello, I am a certified OBM, that being said I'm very proficient with most burners but only familiar with Riello Burners. I have one on a well mac-lain gold series that has a hydraulic jack with no fixed air gate...I think its an older model burner. I didn't look at the model of it. Anyways, the jack has gone to opening full tilt from being completely closed and now the flame is running a bit too lean.

My question is, is the hydraulic jack messed up, because it wasn't doing this a few days ago, it was working correctly. Is there a way to adjust these? I tried playing with the nuts on the arm of the jack to no avail. Is it the pump sending to much oil to the jack? I didn't get a pressure reading on the pump.

I'd be very appreciative for any help from anyone who might know what's going on here.

Ron

Comments

• rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    The jack is always supposed to open all the way. The adjustment for the air mix is under the damper and is exposed when it opens.
    Not sure what you might have been experiencing, but the jack should not have been opening less than full open.
    Rick
    rhowe33
  • rhowe33
    Yeah I know that's how it works on the newer burners however, this burner has no adjustment under the damper whatsoever. I think it's a fairly old model burner that was put onto this newer boiler.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    The jack is your air intake adjustment on those. There is a # scale on the housing. Is the jack leaking?
  • billtwocase
    this might help
    rhowe33
  • RJMCTAFO
    RJMCTAFO Member Posts: 113
    I would order ahydraulick jack delete kit. It will allow you to adjust the shutter via an adjustment screw and spring. I usually carry one in the van so I can replace a faulty one at the annual.

Riello #3000681
    From what I can find without having my book I think this is the part number.
    rhowe33
  • rhowe33
    Thank you bill, that pdf file is most useful. The jack only leaked a bit when nut B was loosened, when tightened it didn't leak at all.

RJ- Thanks for the info, I work in an extremely isolated community in the south arctic in Canada, I'll probably have to create a delete kit using other spare Riello burners we have lying around.
  • billtwocase
    You're welcome, and best of luck