Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

need squirrel cage wheel for old Janitrol roof unit

I have a 70's vintage Janitrol roof unit that disintegrated it's blower wheel. It is model # 47 052 3BN FOB. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement blower wheel? Or if not where can I buy a whole Blower assembly? It is pretty big, has a 3/4 hp 220 volt motor running at 1075 RPM. Thanks for any direction you can give.

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    All units should last that long. Do you have the measurements of the old blower wheel? Heating? Cooling? AC tonnage? I think the entire blower assemble dimensions would change ,but, not the blower wheel. Did the blower "cutoff plate" get damaged? What size is the shaft opening on the old wheel? What type of bearings? How many bearings?
  • wip
    wip Member Posts: 4
    The blower wheel is 13 1/8 in diameter and 11 1/2 wide with a 1/2 inch shaft hole. It is a direct drive blower wheel.
    Not sure what you mean by cutoff plate. the wheel has lost several blades. Not sure of the tonnage, probably 4 or 5 ton AC unit with 200000 btu gas input for heating.
    I am really looking for a place to buy a blower wheel based on the size of mine as I know parts are not available for this old unit.

the motor is 3/4 HP at 1075 RPM

• Techman
    edited November 2014
    Thats not all that big of a blower. Any reputable HVACR supply house willhave/canget that wheel. United Refrigeration,Sid Harvey, B&F Johnstone, Abco, ect,ect. But most of them will deal with only tradesmen. You will have to remove the "cutoff "plate to remove the blower wheel on many blower housings, or, you maybe lucky enough to have a housing w/ a removeable "ring" on the motor side that allows the blower wheel to be removed thru the side.
  • wip
    Oh, I understand what you mean by cutoff plate now. Mine actually has a plate that is removable and I have the wheel out. I have looked at some of the places you listed and can't find a wheel to fit my dimensions.. perhaps I could source a new fan and housing and adapt it to my installation. Or could a shorter width work if I built the inlets in to compensate?
    Thanks for your help.
  • Techman
    What is the closest match up they have?.
  • wip
    Looking at united refrigeration I found 9 1/2 wide and 12 5/8 wide. I need 11 1/2 wide I was wondering if I could cut an inch from both sides and use the 12 5/8 wheel? Seems like that would be easier than trying to extend the inlets to make up for a narrower wheel. Also could use more leads to find this item too. Thanks for your help.
  • Techman
    Check w/ your local, Carrier, Rheem/Ruud, Trane dealers