Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Used Tekmar 275 on the way. Overkill? Well....

Options
Definitely overkill. However, it was cheaper than a new Tekmar 256 and will do boiler protection and DHW priority as well as outdoor reset (and about 50 other functions unneeded at the time. Or ever.) Programming seems pretty straightforward, once the provisions for staging and rotating multiple boilers are disabled. Anyone use these before?

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You're running 4 boilers? I like Tekmar a lot , just make sure you download a complete manual, and follow the installation instructions to a tee (especially where they show you how to check voltages across terminals).
    I use a 374 with my boiler. And I use the first stage to operate the boiler circ loop, and the second stage to fire the boiler.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• R2.0
    R2.0 Member Posts: 99
    Options
    One boiler, single stage. :smiley:

Initial setup will be integrating it with the Weil McClane controller on the unit. Then I start activating options as I gather more stuff - OA sensor, better stat, HW storage tank. Since this unit is used I'm going to be careful to check it out better initially than I might otherwise. Already have the manual downloaded - I need to scrape up a binder for it so I can keep it down by the system.