Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil burner random shut off

My oil burner is AERO branded. shuts down randomly it could a week or a month. When I press the reset button it starts right up and will run again for some time and then shut off. Did this 2 years ago and last winter even after a tune up. Ant thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Martin

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    My youngest child is probably younger than your burner. Are you still driving daily in a 44 year old car?

Maybe its time for a new burner. They are far more efficient than any 44 YO burner that is still running.
    add
  • smartin1019
    smartin1019 Member Posts: 5
    The boiler itself is about 24 years old. I thought the burner had been changed once since then. Whats the best burner. Thing is while it's an annoyance it shut off maybe six time last winter from Oct. thru march. I learned to keep an eye on it.
  • shawnnolan
    shawnnolan Member Posts: 7
    try replacing the motor if you know that everything else is in good order, could be a bad spot in the motor. i have had that happen, very frustrating.
  • smartin1019
    smartin1019 Member Posts: 5
    I know this is late. thanks for that info seems to fit exactly the issue I am having still. Does it pay to replace the motor on a 12-14yr. old burner. I'm pretty handy can I do this myself. Thanks
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    one common problem is ohms..check the ff on cad cell relay should be 1500 .. well less than 1500..
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Forgive me, but Aero burners were garbage. They were a Beckett wanna be from Canada. Most used White/Rogers controls and eyes. Try replacing the eye. They twist in like a light bulb for a car