Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Going to gas

sparkie
sparkie Member Posts: 49
Hello everyone, I am asking this question on behalf of a good friend of mine.
She needs to replace her oil furnace, and since there is gas already in the house, she decided to switch over. I have always been an "oil person" so I must admit I know very little about gas fired appliances. She has been in touch with two contractors. One uses American Standard, the other installs Carrier. I would like to get some opinions on the top name brands of gas fired warm air furnaces.
Thanks to all and have a great day!

Comments

• hatchet
    hatchet Member Posts: 10
    Trane or American Standard. Virtually the same. Very reliable, easy to service and parts are readily available. Good support network as well.
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    CARRIER ! Don't much like hot air but as far as that goes Carrier leads the way when it comes to innovative products and efficiency .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • Spence
    Spence Member Posts: 316
    It's not so much the equipment as it is the person you have in your home installing and servicing it. Consumer Reports is a reliable source for brands. Your local BBB helps with contractors.

The best resource for you is right here on the Wall.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    Thermopride has been a VERY reputable unit for many years. gas and oil. Lifetime HX warranty.
  • sparkie
    would the trane and carrier be a good choice for an oil furnace as well?
  • Kakashi
    Kakashi Member Posts: 88
    Carrier if you want to replace the HX in 10 years. Great units with nice features tho.

T-pride only for oil if you want it to last.
  • sparkie
    Thank you all for your response. Very much appreciated. The choice was to make the switch to gas and go with Carrier.
    Again, thank you
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Sounds good,,,Brands are normally dictated by the installer…normally because he feels confident with it, and knows the units workings…Our policy is ,if someone specs something out and we really don’t like it, we don’t install it…but thats just us...