Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A 27 year old problem

A local Animal Hospital has had an "inadequate cooling" problem ever since the AC was installed in 1987. My dog , Freon, needed a new Vet and the Dr. needed a new AC guy. Freon is fine and the AC is in recovery. The " V " coil ( upside down "A" coil has the return air going into just one side of the evap coil, bypassing the other of the coil.The Dr. just smiled and asked if it could be fixed, and I just smiled also.

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Finding things:

Many don't understand why we like to get up in the morning and go to work. The personal satisfaction of finding things installed wrong recently or long ago and fixing them.

Then the feeling of satisfaction when the customer says that it never worked that well since the building was built. The last three "experts" said I needed a whole new system.

Another job well done.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    I thought this post was gonna be about one of my kids. :)
    SWEI
  • I thought it was about one of my students!

Just kidding.... My students are the BEST!

Hey Terry... Need an intern this semester?
    Eugene
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Yes Professor!Yes indeed!
  • icesailor

I thought it was about one of my students!

Just kidding.... My students are the BEST!

Hey Terry... Need an intern this semester?

I wish I could have been one of your students.

• Techman
    edited September 2014
    Hay Professor , same rules apply, He/She has to bring his/her "Study Book" pad, pencil,pen,P/T Chart, and a COMPLETE change of clothes. Or Else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Techman
    NOW , Folks and Friends . Here's the kicker! A week or so later the Doc calls and leaves a message. " I'm still having issues with the NEW SYSTEM, call me". I didn't call him , I didn't put the NEW SYSTEM in! Arrrrrrrgh Matey!!!!!!!
  • icesailor
    @Techman:

I can see that you STILL don't understand.

Both the others are smart, we're not.

They call you because they want to improve your continuing education, figure out what isn't right, and they can then fix it themselves. You work for free.

Kind of like they get the ice cream, you get the little funnel part at the bottom of the cone. With the melted ice cream in it. They saved that for you.

Kind of them eh?
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    A little off topic but Terry's dog Freon got me thinking. Could a dog be trained to sniff out Freon leaks? As we all know, sometimes leaks are so small even the sniffer won't pick it up. I'll bet a dog could though! :)

Rob
  • Terry, I will have him contact you. Can I give him your cell number?
    Eugene
  • Techman
    Yes Professor.I await his call