Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for residential installer in Denver, Colorado

I'm looking for an experienced HVAC installer in the Denver, Colorado area. I'm looking to replace a gas boiler serving baseboard radiators with a Daikin Altherma or similar air-to-water heat pump product. Ideally the installer would be familiar with Daikin products and controls.

Thanks.

Comments

• RJ_4
    RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
    hvac contractor

Pasterkamp  Heating or AMS mechanical
    RJ
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Start with the Daikin rep...

Shamrock Sales, three zero three-399-9181

Are you absolutely sure it will work? There are limitations on the temperature output of these ASHP systems that may not be compatible with your system design. Baseboard is typically designed around a 180 degree F average temperature.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Limits

I agree with Mark the highest I want to push one would be 125 degree max.Anything over that in you are going to reduce the life of the equipment very quickly.
  • thermos
    thermos Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Thanks. I appreciate the suggestions. The installer suggested by Shamrock Sales never got back to me with a quote, but I have a couple of other leads and I'll try Paskerkamp and AMS.

The baseboard are Crane cast iron radiators, which I have calculated to provide ~200-230 Btu/LF at 120ºF supply temp. This should meet the needs of my low-load house (yes, I have a Manual J heat load estimate) for all but the coldest days. If necessary, I will install some panel radiators or just use a electric resistance heater on those days.