Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bryant 244-7 Series A Gas Steam Boiler

MikeMens
MikeMens Member Posts: 30
Hello,

I have a Bryant 244-7 Series A Gas Steam Boiler 460K BTU In 350K out one of the boiler segments is leaking and I would like to replace 1 or 2 of them Is this feasible? Where can I go to find replacement segments?

Also I want to strip and replace the controls and gas valves. Any aftermarket sources for boiler controls?

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Bryant

That boiler must be 30+ years old, right? You won't be able to find new sections for it.
  • MikeMens

Thanks for the reply

any aftermarket or discontinued or rare parts distributors I might try?

Can these leaks (minor) be welded?

any other suggestions short of a new boiler?
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Sorry

If there were replacement sections available, they have been long since melted down for scrap. Even if you could find sections it would cost more to replace them than to replace the whole boiler. Good luck.

Rob 
  • MikeMens

Thanks for the reply

any comments on the effectiveness of trying to seal the boiler by adding sealer to the tank to try to seal the leak?? would this possibly buy me a couple of years?
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Doubt it

I don't think that anything will really work. I have heard of people using JB Weld to seal up a small leak to finish up a season but have never tried it myself. It sounds as if finances are the issue? Have you tried contacting the gas company to see if they will finance it? Some utilities will do that, after all, if you don't have heat, they don't make money.

Rob