Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

internal coil cleaner

Options
does anyone know of an internal coil cleaner for a dx (r22) system. we replaced a large semi hermetic compressor installed suction, and liquid line driers with removable cores. evacuated the system overnight and am planning to restart the system sometime friday. my concern is that the defective compressor was a bad motor burn, the oil in the defective compressor was coal black color, and black can still be saw through drier core on the inside of the liquid line when the core was opened . we flushed the evaporator and condenser with rx11 before the new compressor was set in place, this is a self contained (no line set to flush). i thought at one time someone made an internal coil cleaner. but i may be mistaken. thanks and good luck to all

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Internal cleaning

There is "stuff" on the market but I'm pretty sure it voids any warranty by the comp mfrg. After 24 hrs of run time ,pump down and change the driers again ,and again . Are you using the "HH" cores for acid removal? After you change the F/D cores and the oil tests OK ,got back 1 week later and retest the oil for acid .
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Ditto

As Terry said, there is stuff out there, but I won't use it.  I will ocassionally use an RX-11 flush if it was a total burnout (smells burnt and test acid from the start), then blow N2 through the system SEVERAL times.

Terry's procedure is dead on and the only way to insure that you are out of the woods.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Just Keep

Changing the dryers every week or so. Easier then changing the compressor.