Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Servicing Mini Splits

Options
When servicing a mini split its some times required that you OHM the molex connectors. This is required to see if the EEV or thermistors are working properly. The problem I'm having is that I cant find a Meter that has small enough probes to fit into the molex connectors. I tried Radio Shack to find electronic test leads but I cant find one small enough. I had to twist stranded copper wire together and stick them in each hole and then use my meter to each copper lead for a reading. Does anyone know of a meter with leads small enough to fit into these connectors. There as small as a pin.

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Mini service

I do not know, but some guys say the use a paperclip, or a needle w / the alligator clips on their meter.
  • charliechicago
    charliechicago Member Posts: 130
    Options
    recently had same problem

I got a nice set of leads at johnstone. very thin and don't have to bother with paperclips etc.
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Probe Pins

You can purchase these from Fire Dragons website, he has a ton of meter accessories

www.firedragonent.com
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Oldaker 763-6

Very sharp ends that are replaceable. Weapons grade when you are in a tight spot and get a little careless. I've been using these for the last 20 yrs and they are excellent. As the electronic connectors get smaller and smaller you need good pins. I see guys go down the face of the connector at times and have seen that create more problems than they have identified/solved by spreading the internal connector.
  • radmix
    radmix Member Posts: 194
    Options
    Thank You

This is exactly what I'm looking for.