Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AIR HANDLER RHEEM central air system

I have been having a problem with the compressor turning off when the optimum temperature is reached, but the air handler will not. The only this that corrects the problem is to shut the power off at the breaker box for the compressor and the air handler. It seems to reset itself and work OK for 1-2 days. When the air handler finally turns off it continues to make a noise as if it is getting juice from somewhere. When I turn the power off the noise stops. There is a second system in the house that does not do that.

Comments

• meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Time to call a pro

You have something going on that we cannot possibly troubleshoot in a forum.  Troubleshooting this would require testing the high voltage feeding the units.  Locate a competent local HVAC professional and let him tackle this one.

Good Luck.
  • Coany
    Coany Member Posts: 91
    edited June 2014
    newer systems have timed on/off blower control

the timer makes and breaks the blower circuit .

they wear out and fail, creating the exact symtoms you describe.

start there.

a slight buzz often isn't too serious, control transformers buzz.

Is it possible it was always there and you only noticed it since you been having this other blower problem?
    " Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Teddy Roosevelt
  • innate
    innate Member Posts: 35
    Thank you

I have a someone scheduled to come in tomorrow. I am hoping that the problem is solved. The installer said he does not have time to figure out a problem on a job that he was already paid for. GO FIGURE!
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Too Busy:

Be sure to recommend the installer that is to busy to come look at your unit because you have paid him in full (Snark fully on) to all your friends.

If that's the whole story.