Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rinnai RL75e DOA

Options

Comments

• TestTestTest
    TestTestTest Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Update

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Here is what

I would do.

First we need a picture of the unit.

We need to see service valves on the unit.

What kind of plumbing do u have in the house.

We need to establish that you have flow.

My question would be is who bought the unit , you , the plumber.? Was it recommended ? Did you buy it online?

Is your plumbing large enough to handle flow.

The faucets that your trying to get hot water , is it getting more then .5 gallons a minute, what is your unit rated at for start up?
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Well,

I would suggest a call to Rinnai. The 800 number is on the side of the case as well as being on install manual and sales literature. They know how to take care of your product. When installing a tankless water heater it is always good procedure to, as you are backing off the job, with the water piping, gas and venting correct to run hot water as you pick up and clean up. Your last job prior to leaving, having flushed the water lines/system is to shut down the water , relieve the pressure and pull & clean that pre-filter. It is not uncommon once a system has been de pressurized for it to "cough up" debris which is then caught by the filter.

My experience is that it is certainly not impossible for a flow control to be bad out of the box, but it is exceedingly rare. You seem to understand some of what is happening. I am curious why you wouldn't ask the company for help.