Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

About tubing

bill_105
bill_105 Member Posts: 429
I was a job today ( I thought I was done with this) and saw two tubing brands that I suspected were not barrier tubings. I tried to see the name of the red one and I think Infloor was the brand? Just dunno.

The other was a a dull white with no markings. I know this is not a lot to go on. The heat source is bradford white water heaters and have failed twice in the last ten years.  I know, great system. It's the tubing thing that's first though.

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,405
    Bad water

From experience it's the water quality and envirement.

The pex wouldn't matter on water heater if it is barrier or not.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    non barrier tube

should not cause a glass lined WH to fail. Plumbing pex is used all the time on water heaters and they see a daily influx of O2, every time you run a faucet.

Hydronic expansion tanks are usually the first to fail from O2 ingress on heating systems.

Are the tanks leaking, or corroded from continuous periods of condensing mode operation. Could be they are corroding from the outside in. How do the burners look when they fail? Are they covered with rust particles?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    Thanks for the input

It just struck me as odd that one level would have barrier tubes and the other not. Also this water heater thing is a gem. These people have no cash shortage. Just thinking out loud.THX