Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rehau

Lynne
Lynne Member Posts: 50
Anyone use Rehau radiant pex tubing? What type of fittings and is there a special tool?

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Rehau

Rehau has their own proprietary fittings but I also have a bulletin from them approving the use of crimp rings with their tubing. I'm not certain as to whether the information in that bulletin has changed.
    Steve Minnich
  • Lynne
    Lynne Member Posts: 50
    Rehau

Thanks, do you have a copy of that bulletin?
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Hope this helps.

Not as old as I thought.
    Steve Minnich
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    PEX-A

is compatible with all PEX connector systems.

PEX-B is not compatible with expansion systems (F1960, F2080)

For reference:

1. ASTM F876 Standard Specification for Crosslinked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing
    2. ASTM F877 Standard Specification for Crosslinked Polyethylene (PEX) Plastic

Hot- and Cold-Water Distribution Systems
    3. ASTM F1281 Standard Specification for Crosslinked Polyethylene/Aluminum/Crosslinked

Polyethylene (PEX-AL-PEX) Pressure Pipe
    4. ASTM F1807 Standard Specification for Metal Insert Fittings Utilizing a Copper Crimp Ring

for SDR9 Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing
    5. ASTM F1960 Standard Specification for Cold Expansion Fittings with PEX Reinforcing

Rings for Use with Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing
    6. ASTM F2023 Standard Test Method for Evaluating the Oxidative Resistance of

Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing and Systems to Hot Chlorinated Water.
    7. ASTM F2080 Standard Specification for Cold-Expansion Fittings with Metal Compression-Sleeves

for Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Pipe
    8. ASTM F2098 Standard Specification for Stainless Steel Clamps for Securing

SDR9 Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing to Metal Insert Fitting