Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wireless switch to control my gas burner

Can anybody recommend a programmable switch to turn my gas burner on/off at scheduled times that is wifi supported? I do not want a switch that is based on temperature changes. I have a 100,000 square foot mill with a single gas-fired boiler and I want to be able to program a series of on/off cycles multiple times each day of the week and I want to be able to adjust the program via the web. HELP!!!!!!

Thanks.

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    How many times a day

do you want to cycle it? depending on how many times you want to cycle it you can use a h-well prestige wifi tstat, I know it works with temp but you cna set it to 90 and not worry about it getting there {100K sq ft with a single unit probably wont reach 90 ever..., unless it was 88 outside...} if you want more cycles than the tstat provides put a few of them...
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,524
    edited March 2014
    Ecobee

Check out the Ecobee....It will enable you to program/schedule/switch heating/Cooling/Fan/Humidification and many other functions remotely.. you will need WIFI on site! But you said you have it....hopefully near by..Just use your phone to find the signal..

It will also create alarms via Email to you and CC others when certain parameters are achieved not not achieved.. you can also do data logging which will give you a graphical display of the different sensor inputs i.e. Outdoor sensor/Indoor sensor/Supply sensor/return sensor.....Or you can even name the sensor..If you want to go even more into details it will give you a data spreadsheet of Functions in conjunction date/time.. It also will be able to perform Smart recovery/ Optimum start /Stop to achieve certain temperatures at a programmed time base on your system..

This control is petty cool for its Price..Get the one with the touch screen..if needed you can add a expansion board for 4 more 10 K sensors.. If your boiler has a set of dry contacts for a alarm condition you can interface it and create a email as well..

Hope this helps..Richard.