Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

PEX SYSTEM

FWDixon
FWDixon Member Posts: 78
Victim of the forum issue, reposted in the original place.

Comments

• BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    Was it well cleaned frst

I had a new Smith boiler installed with a carlin power gas burner prior to the last heating season; I studied all the requirements before having the work done so I would know what to ask for.

Everything I've read emphasizes how important it it is to thoroughly clean both the chimney and boiler/furnace before installing a conversion burner. It is also important that everything be cleaned again after the first season. When was that conversion burner installed? Did they install a stainless steel liner and is this an interior or exterior chimney?

Were you able to confirm the rest of the flue is clear? Get that pipe repaired asap.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Flue Debris:

All that debris is sand from the sand in the mortar holding your unlined chimney together. If it is unlined in the first place, it might have been parged to make the flue smoother.

I think that in a lot of jurisdictions, when converting to a gas burner, the chimney needs to be lined. Your boiler is obviously condensing. One of the advantages of cold start boilers. Oil or gas. They make water in the boilers and flue ways and rot them out if their not of a proper material. It would be doing the same thing to clay tile liners. They fall apart too. Just not as quickly.
  • smklin
    smklin Member Posts: 69
    PEX SYSTEM

What is the preferred pex system. If someone wanted to use only one system . Meaning ease of installation.Or user friendly.To work with