Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pex system

Options
I just replaced 2 broken Wirsbo Actuator valves on my heat system. One zone is continuously open, keeping it very warm in one area of my house and causing my boiler to run too often. Why won't this zone close? Although the old valve was broken at the plastic inside the brass nut, I don't think that is the problem. Hot water continues to run thru this particular zone. What's my next step? Is it something inside the actual valve itself? What could go bad?

Thanks in advance.

Signed

burning too much propane

Comments

• Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Sounds

like you may have a broken on/off valve body . If you have a Truflow brass manifold you quite probably need to replace this , the part number is A2620017 for the return and A2620013 for the supply . If you have an EP manifold ( plastic ) the pat number is A2670004 for the return and A2670005 for the supply  and you will need the replacement tool ( A2670007 ) for the EP manifold . Do you have the proper actuator adaptor that was there installed also ?
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • GregPintoDaytonT.Brown
    Options
    Actuator/Manifold Help

I have brass manifolds. I don't know the brand. It's been 10 or 12 years since I built.

When I manually press the pin down I hear the water flow, but it must not close all the  way.

Does replacing it require I drain the system?
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    Wirsbo Actuators

made me believe that you would also have Wirsbo Manifolds , possibly not however . If in fact they are Wirsbo manifolds to match the actuators the name now is Uponor . If this is the case the part numbers I provided are correct . If they are another manufacturers manifold , not so much .  Yes , to replace those parts it would require those loops at least to be drained . If your manifolds have isolation valves it would be possible to just service that portion of the system assuming there are other manifolds in different locations .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • smklin
    smklin Member Posts: 69
    Options
    pex system

What is the preferred pex system. If someone wanted to use only one system . Meaning ease of installation.Or user friendly.To work with.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Great question

You should start a new thread with this one. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.