Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydronic Air Handler in A Condo Issues

I was recently visiting my father in law in Denver Colorado and stayed in my sister in law's condo. While there, she asked if I could help her with some heating issues.

She has had several contractors to the condo and none were able to help her solve the issues.

The issues are:

1) Air handler is extremely noisy due to high air flow. It sounds like the fan is on the highest speed.

2) The unit short cycles.

Can someone recommend a qualified technician who can diagnose hydronic air handlers in an 18 story condo?

Thank you,

Kenny Greene

K E Greene Mechanical/Hydronics

<a href="mailto:kgreene58@kegreene.com">kgreene58@kegreene.com</a>

Comments

• Spence
    Spence Member Posts: 316
    Wet AH

I'll bet my bottom dollar you have pressure issues. The PD of a hydronic coil can easily be .80 IWC. If this and other PDs were not considered during the equipment selection process, your duct sizes are too small. This results in noise, drafts, and poor performance. Have your contractor check the ESP!
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    The higher

Fan speed should lower the discharge temp which should make for a longer run cycle. I guess I would start by lowering the fan speed and that should quite the unit down
  • Kenny Greene_2
    Kenny Greene_2 Member Posts: 15
    Hydronic AHU

I do not need a diagnosis, I need a referral on a person who is qualified to work on this unit. I can repair it but I am in Atlanta.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Tell Your

Sister to ask her neighbors who they use.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Call my good friend Tim Reini

303-519-6005

He does both forced error and Hydronics.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Kenny Greene_2
    Kenny Greene_2 Member Posts: 15
    Hydronic Air Handler

Thank you for the referral Mark. I knew that there were good people in the area but not many.

I will follow up with the results.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    TIm and i used to work for the same company...

Advanced Hydronics. I'd refer you to them, but they are extremely swamped with work.

If I were ever to restart a contracting, business, and Tim were available, I'd hire him in a heart beat. He worked like he owned the company. Never a wasted move, and never walked from the job to the truck, or viceaversa without having something in his hands.

He will be able to figure it out. I've sent all of my service work to him, and have heard nothing but positive feed back from old clients.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.