Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham V7

Options
HPS
HPS Member Posts: 7
I just had a customer call with water on the basement floor. The boiler is a Bunham V7. The boiler is cracked on the right side...second section in, middle of section, 4 section boiler. This is about the 10th time I've seen this, but its been about 4 years since I have dealt with this situation. The boiler was manufactured in 2000. What is the warranty on this boiler? Is Burnham standing behind these boilers? or is the customer SOL?...A 13 year old boiler cracking is rediculous!

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Are they...

the original owner/ purchaser? If not I don't think any boiler mfg allows warranty's to transfer. 
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    2000 V7:

I recently had its casting mate crack at the same place. It was a replacement from 2000 to replace the original when the house was built in 1994. I told him to put in a Weil-McLain GO. In middle of house in crawl space with no outside access.

With the long history of cracking in that spot, why would you want to replace it with another one? If it weren't for venting issues (outside decks surrounding house), they would have gone gas. They already had it.
  • bill nye_3
    bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
    Options
    V7

Write down the serial number and information from your customer ( name, address) and bring it to your Burnham wholesaler. They can call Burnham (US Radiator) and will tell you if you qualify. You will probably be offered a rebate on a new block or a new V8.  Your customer may have to be the original owner of the house when the boiler was installed , not sure about that.

We usually go with the new V8. Who wants to swap a 14 year old burner and controls and tankless coil onto a new block ? More labor that a new V8.
  • HPS
    HPS Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Another cracked Burnham V7

Thaks guys...the customer is not the origanal purchaser!...these boilers should have a better warranty.