Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AHR attendees, What did you see?

Jack
Jack Member Posts: 1,047
What caught your eye? What is new? I'll go first...

I saw a new evaporator at Fujitsu that is low wall pin up, H/C dual fan so heat at the floor, cooling out the top. I think the seer was 25 or so and HSPF 12.5. PTACs beware.

In the software aisle I saw a pretty cool app from an outfit called Mypointnow called Venture. Quote schedule and bill as well as other functions from your iPhone/android.

I really enjoyed NY. I got in a couple days early and walked the city. In 2days I must have done close to 20 miles. Once it snowed, the first day of the show, traffic got kinda weird, so I kept walking. Chicago next year!

Comments

• Brp814
    Brp814 Member Posts: 22
    AHR Show

I ended up going on Wednesday Jan 22. This was my first AHR show, and being at the Javits Center for a few NY Auto Shows, I knew how big the place is. This was like manufacturer overload. Incredible. Wed was a great day to go, because the snow probably kept a lot of people away. Crowded, but not packed like sardines. To do the show justice, you really need two if not all three days to see everything. May go to Orlando in 2016 or even Las Vegas in 2018.

The biggest trend that I saw was the amount of apps that are available from the various manufacturers. An example was Imperial. They just came out with a new gauge manifold, but this is Bluetooth capable, and will send the info to your tablet or phone, provided that you get their free app. Pretty cool. There was a lot to see, but I am glad I went.
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    nothing

Signed up to go but got stuck on a job.Any chance these kind of shows could be held on weekends.Very disappointed to have missed out on a great show,heard Baxi and IBC did well there,
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    I saw….

a LOT of VRF and VRV equipment stealing a LARGE chunk of our hydronic potential real estate. These people (variable refrigerant flow/volume) have taken over 4% of the market in a very short period of time. Hydronics (commercially speaking) only holds a 10% share in the first place. Not much room for error.

I also saw a hydronic industry banding together to fight this behemoth. If you'd like to get behind this fantastic counter movement, join the RPA and then join the Hydronics Industry Alliance- Commercial committee within the RPA and help us to grow radiant and hydronics.

Other than that, I saw a LOT of people, current members and former members, and it was great seeing them. I think I must have walked close to 50 miles last week.

Great show, great displays, lots of ASHRAE classes and engaged people.

Good show, and I finally got to meet JohnNY Cataneo and NY Plumber. NIce to meet everyone. Way TOO many people to list. :-)

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 550
    Not much in the way of

......product. I was soooo busy talking with people at the "Emerald City" that I barely had a chance to wander the show floor. It was busy, exciting, fun.....lots of different emotions at one of the largest places where us freaks have a chance to hang out.

Saw lots of old friends that I hadn't seen in a while, met people for the first time that I had only met here on the "interwebs" or on the phone.

And then tons of guests for the first time. When I got home, the most the family got out of me were one word sentences, I was shot!

Can't wait till next time!

Dave H.
    Dave H