Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Proper Outdoor Reset control to pair with Belimo mixing valve actuator?

Looking for an appropriate outdoor reset control to pair with a Belimo valve actuator.

Two condensing boilers maintain this boiler system loop at max setpoint for DHW and fancoil units virtually 100% of the time.... so a mixing valve is used to control the radiant loop supply temp. This is a high mass radiant floor system and we are getting large swings in indoor temps when the outdoor air temps are warmer. The mixing valve has a Belimo LBR24-SR-T mixing valve actuator and a Johnson Controls A350P proportional temp control to mix and set the supply temp..... so the supply temp is set manually.

We want to set the supply temp based on outdoor air temp and a curve that is appropriate for a high mass floor system. One option appears to be to add a Johnson Controls A350R module to the existing A350P. I am not a fan of Johnson Controls and was wondering if anyone out there could confirm the addition of a A350P unit will work, or could point me in the direction of a more elegant solution?

Does Tekmar make a control that would play nice with that Belimo actuator? Are there any other solutions out there for outdoor rest control of a Belimo actuator that are known to work well?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    LRB24-SR

uses a 2-10V control signal.  I actually prefer this scheme (as it only uses a single DDC output port) but off-the-shelf controls seem to want floating 24V (3-wire open, close, common) control.

You could swap it out for an LRB24-3 which would work with a Tekmar.