Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wifi thermostat for 20 zone radiant floor system

I am looking for a wifi thermostat that I can install in a vacation home (Colorado) that has radiant floor heating. Each bedroom and bathroom have their own thermostat and I would like to be able to adjust the temperature setting for these remotely (from out of state). I am guessing that there are about 20 seperate zones in the house. I have wifi installed with two apple airport extreme routers in the house for good coverage. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Google...

WiFi thermostats.

EcoBee, Honeywell and Nest are some popular lines I've seen bandied about here on The Wall.

Whereabouts in Colorado?

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    We don't talk

Prices here but thats gonna be a lot.
  • Tim Potter
    Tim Potter Member Posts: 273
    Multi zone control

What Boiler &/or Controls are you using?

Is there an Occupied/unoccupied setting?

We are in Winter Park with a cast iron boiler & 8 zones of radiant in-floor.

I use 1 Bayweb Internet Thermostat & a relay operated on the Fan relay circuit to set a Home & Away Temp.

When "Away", the Bayweb is the master, I have it set at 55* The individual room stats are all set to 68 so the zones are open & anytime the heat is on they all get flow.

When I switch to "home", a couple of days before I arrive, the system reverts to normal where the individual stats control the zones.

Good luck,

Tim
    Winter Park, CO & Arvada, CO
  • donmknoll
    donmknoll Member Posts: 2
    multi zone control

I have three munchkin boilers and a vision 3 control system controlling the boilers. Two of the boilers work in tandem to feed the domestic hot water and radiant flooring. The other boiler controls the radiant snow melt system for front driveway, walkway, and rear porch.

I like the idea of having a single internet controlled "master" to vary between home and away settings. I think it would be overly complicated and unnecessary to have 20 zones individually controlled.

Thanks.

I will look into this idea.

Don.