Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

OK, any ideas what type of radiator this is?

Options
I have a client doing a minor basement remodel and they want to use this radiator (see photo) for a small bedroom. I found three in the EDR book that look pretty close, except the tubes are perpendicular to the ones shown. The more I look at it the less sense it's making to me and now, I just want to know what it is. Thoughts?

Comments

• ScrewLoose
    ScrewLoose Member Posts: 20
    Options
    wall hung

it's a cast iron wall hung.

They are nice. Wish I could get them more often.

It can be hung as it is show, vertically, or if it has plugs can be re-worked to hand horizontally, it's really just a potat-O or pot-A-to choice.

Always, ALWAYS make sure it is securely bolted into a structural STUD or into masonry. 
  • be careful

With those..many of them have left hand threads!!
  • be careful

With those..many of them have left hand threads!!
  • ChicagoCooperator
    ChicagoCooperator Member Posts: 354
    Options
    Coincidentally over on the steam forum...

This was posted the other day...

http://colonialrevivalrestoration.com/1913_American_Radiator_4.html
  • Randy Calvi
    Randy Calvi Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the post.

I saw the pantry shelf units in the EDR book and wondered if it might be one of those; they seem to have the same kind of pipe connections.

The heat load for the room and the capacity of the radiator are close enough that it should work OK, even mounted "sideways". The client even has the mounting hardware, so that's kind of novel. I won't have to Rube-Goldberg a set of brackets.

Thanks for the input everyone.
  • kkrrjr
    kkrrjr Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Find Out?

I have some old American Radiator and Ideal Fitter books. If you still need help.