Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Don't read this until the 26th.

I spoke w/ The Professor the other nite, and he relieved some of my burden's. We laughed ,we swore, we laughed some more.The subject of "non paying" customers came up. I swore some more. So , "Karma means I can rest easy at night knowing all the people I treated badly had it coming"  Being that you are reading this on the 26th ,means CHRISTMAS IS SAFE!     PEACE BE WITH YOU! as per David C. Broome

Comments

• Eugene_Silberstein
    Eugene_Silberstein Member Posts: 349
    edited December 2013
    It's a Shame

One of our discussion topics the other night was about how we jump to help our customers in their times of need but, in some instances, the benefactors of our hard work refuse to settle up their accounts.

Is it just part of the cost of doing business? Maybe.

But it is a shame that the HVAC/R experts also have to become experts at collecting on past due accounts that have become delinquent.

In some instances, I have heard of contractors who have gone back to the job site and removed the equipment that was never paid for, only to be threatened by the customer for taking their own equipment back.

Unfortunately, keeping "money on the street" results in higher service rates and repair costs, in the same fashion as theft from the local store results in higher prices for the "honest" consumer.

Go figure!
    Eugene
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    I feel your pain.

We were just having this same conversation at the shop this morning, as we were working on the year end accounting stuff.

It is a shame that we spend our whole lives trying to perfect our trade proficiency and end up spending most of our time chasing dead beats and those that want something for nothing.

Sad to say, but it almost isn't worth it anymore.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Chasing deadbeats

They are out there, sure enough. They seem to come in spurts. My last DEADBEAT owes me $4500.00, since August. But this December his girlfriend got a $5000.00 mink coat and a ring to match. I got my parts back. Took 'em ! I hate when people make me growl.  I still have a key to the bldg. lol a little!
This discussion has been closed.