Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens W2BA Installation Help (air intake)

Robert_H
Robert_H Member Posts: 141
Installing 2 pipe, cpvc/pvc, exhaust and intake configuration. I’m Referring to the Rigid Pipe Venting Systems installation Manual. The Exhaust went in fine but the manual is missing anything on how the starter adaptor (60mm to 2in) fits in the air intake port. Or at least I couldn’t find it.

The intake port has a thin rubberish cover on it that can be removed. With the cover removed the starter adaptor just sits in the port and is not secure. The cover has an indentation about the diameter of the adapter. The obvious thing to do is cut out the center of the cover, reinstall it and insert the adaptor. However Id hat to do that and find out I’m actually missing a part.

I’m attaching a picture of the top of the boiler, showing the adaptor sitting just behind the cover.

If anyone has experience with this please set me straight. I really wanted to get this plumbed this weekend.

Thanks

Robert

Comments

• Robert_H
    Two more pics

to help with the description..
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    2" PVC

will go right into either intake port.
  • Robert_H
    edited December 2013
    I thought so but,

I checked that but the pipe is too loose, approx 1/8 gap. Im installing the WB2B-19 if that matters.

I'm really annoyed with that manual, there are three different names used for that adaptor in three different places.

I take it you have done this, did you seal that at all or just insert the pipe?

Thanks and Nice fatty striper BTW
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    edited December 2013
    It

goes right in on the 100

don't use the adapter
  • Jim Godbout
    Jim Godbout Member Posts: 49
    Viessmann

We install about eighty plus of these every year fresh air is very simple right into either side

Viessmann by far has best and most in depth manuals by any manufacturer I have ever seen.

Best of luck with install keep reading thoroughly and you will find all you need
    Jim Godbout
This discussion has been closed.