Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett 7505 120V GeniSys Control

MJJK
MJJK Member Posts: 9
Just attached the Beckett GeniSys Display (52067U), to the Beckett 7505 burner control.

It works as I expected, except that the display is only on while the burner is running.

I had hoped that I could read the various pieces of data, during times when the burner is on standby. Does anyone know if this would be possible with some wiring configuration within the control?

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited December 2013
    GeniSys control.

I'm not familiar with that control but if you replaced a 8184 or some control that gets its power from the thermostatic controller, that GeniSys  may need a hot wire all the time and the wire that is being used to run it should stay as the feed.

Let me put it another way. With the Carlin 60200 controls, there is a Red wire and a Black wire. The Red wire is powered off the line voltage on the switch or live from the control. The Black is from the control to tell the control to start. I don't think the control should turn off when the burner stops.

I can be easily wrong. I've never installed that control.

The Beckett 7505P requires the hot wire all the time that works like the 60200 Carlin Controls. I couldn't find the Beckett 520671 control listed anywhere to get the wiring specs.
  • MJJK
    Beckett 52067U Display module

Thank you for your response. There will be no wiring diagram for the 52067U because it just snaps in place, on top of the Genisys control. The control is a Beckett 7505B-1500.

Attached, is the owners manual for that control.
  • MJJK
    Beckett 7505 control

Here is the attachment
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    3 wires

It needs to be powered constantly. You need 3 wires,L1,L2 and Limit. If you have an oil valve,program in 5 seconds of post purge,you'll see a big difference in the cleanliness of boiler
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • MJJK
    Beckett 7505B

I am the homeowner of this equipment. I need you to be more specific with what to do with the wiring.

You wrote "You need 3 wires, L1, L2, and Limit. If you have an oil valve,program in 5 seconds of post purge,you'll see a big difference in the cleanliness of boiler.

This Burner (Beckett AFG) has the oil solenoid valve installed. I have not looked at the wiring, underneath the control. Which wires should be joined together? What does "If you have an oil valve,program in 5 seconds of post purge" mean?
  • icesailor
    Extra wire:

Doesn't it take a 7505P or V control that has the extra terminal that takes a constant live terminal like the 502000 or 602000?

Otherwise, that 7505 is only powered when the burner calls and you have the TT terminals jumped.

Or maybe that's the problem. You have to have the TT's operating the control. Then, the control is powered all the time.

I don't know. I've never seen or used the control and probably never will.
  • icesailor
    7505P

Look at the posted PDF file for the GeniSys control on page 6. The 7505P control is the control you need because it has the terminal to run the pump and the special live terminal. There seems to be a difference.
  • earl burnermann
    earl burnermann Member Posts: 126
    Time for help

Why don't you have the company that maintains your heating equipment wire this in for you? The diagram shows how it is done. If you don't completely understand this diagram you could do serious damage to the appliance.
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
  • MJJK
    Beckett 7505 control

Thank you. Yes, getting our service technician to rewire the control is the best approach.

I had hoped that if were a very simple task, I would tackle it, if I felt confident that I was doing it correctly. I would certainly NOT want to compromise the operation, of the unit, in any way. Thank you for responding.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Why

are you trying to monitor,or reprogram the control? This is a great control by the way
  • MJJK
    Beckett Genisys display

Just gathering data for monitoring and comparative purposes.
This discussion has been closed.