Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Got Three Minutes?

Take a look at the Fieldpiece 3-min video on how to charge an AC system in lower than 70* ambient. I've been doing that for 45 years!!!!!!   Fieldpiece calls it a "Charging Jacket for TXV Systems" item # S365. It is under the heading of "COLD WEATHER CHARGING" AC Systems

Comments

• Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Video?

Terry there was no post to bring up the video.  Not sure if I have to view in another window or maybe it's missing...

Peace;

Mike T.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Cold weather charging

Morning Mike T! Happy T'giving to you and all of yours! I went to www.fieldpiece.com, products, cold weather charging, scroll down to video, And Jim Bergmann ( yea, that SMART guy Jim Bergmann, from Testo instruments and Truetest tools) narrates and gives his approval. Have a good holiday everyone!
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited November 2013
    David,

My clan is good, thanks. Happy T'giving to you and all of yours! I agree the video is basically simple and straight forward, but , the main point is that there is more than one way to work on an AC system in cool/cold weather. The REFRIGERATION trade requires working on system in very cold ambients! This past summer I had ZERO service calls from any of my existing customer's ( AC/R & ice) for an "overcharged of Freon" related problem. New customers w/ that kind of problem were properly repaired. Take care, David C Broome !
This discussion has been closed.