Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tool bags....

Options
kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
What do you guys use.... I am tired of the ones that you can lose a wrench or small tubing cutter in. Is there one that just has pockets w/o "storage" Makes them prone to be heavier than they need to be.

ty,kcopp

Comments

• VA_Bear
    VA_Bear Member Posts: 50
    Options
    I am primarily a commercial tech

so most of my working life is spent in motor rooms and on rooftops with access via vertical ladders, so my bags have to be easily manipulated while climbing. My evaluation "jump" bag is a modified MOLLE ammo bag which carries two multipurpose meters, leads and temperature probes, a set of heavy duty jumpers, a six-in-one screwdriver, two wide jaw adjustable wrenches, a pair of wire stripper/cutters, a small selection of wire nuts, an LED flashlight and a small selection of spare batteries. This bag is backed up by a Klein Backpack tool bag for more extensive work, a construction tool belt with two twin pocket pouches for ladder, duct work and overhead hardware work and a 30" canvas and leather carpenter's bag which carries my sockets sets, wrenches and force tools (I usually pull out the hand truck when this bag comes out because it weighs a ton). I have a canvas bucket on the truck, but don't use it as much unless I have a helper or an apprentice with me and need to lift a great deal of material to a roof or down a hole.
    VABear
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Options
    I Use A Veto LC

Keeps everything organized.

http://www.vetopropac.com/catalog/tech-series
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Options
    Veto

I use a veto bag as well.