Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin blower issues....

Options
kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
Got called to a local condo 2 day. Munchkin T80 , Nat Gas, installed 2006. No hot water. F13 error code. Fan motor is shot. This is the 3rd one since it was installed. and is on its 2nd board. Fan blade looked fine just the electronics that was bad....any thoughts ?

Comments

• Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    Options
    reversion

sounds like reversion to me. The boiler is sucking up it's own exhaust.

The exhaust pipe must be at least 18 inches higher or 5 feet downwind of the intake.
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Blower

HX clean? Vent piping within limits and sized correctly?
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Combustion air condensation???

A friend of mine had the same situation, and just happened to be standing there one day watching the intake pipe drop condensate onto the motors electronics...

I don't know if it might have been reversion gasses that were condensing in the vestibule, but it took three of his blower motors out before my friend figured it out. He fashioned a sheet metal shield to keep it from happening again and hasn't been back since.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    That would....

make sense. I did notice a small water stain on the motor cover. As far as the venting goes they used a couple tees and there is separation. by 24" or so but its on the same plane. I need to go back and run a combustion test anyways. ty
This discussion has been closed.