Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

centro therm piping

Options
rsd
rsd Member Posts: 1
I am going to have a gas lochinvar boiler and indirect hot water heater installed to replace my 28 year old weil mcclain gas boiler.

I want the centro therm intake and exhaust to run up the current flue that was designed for the present boiler.  The flue is 8.5" away from the separate fireplace flue, in the same large, square 51" by 51" inch chimney.  Both flue chambers are tiled.

Are there concerns about the centro therm piping melting in the event of a fire in the separate fireplace flue.  Are there any other products you would recommend for venting up the flue, as I dont want pvc or any piping going out the back of the house.

Thanks,

RSD

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Your problem

I think, is not melting the pipe. Your problem is that when you have a fire you will be pulling the smoke into the intake of the boiler, and it will not be happy. Somehow, you need to separate these two systems.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    It's PLASTIC!!!

What plastic won't melt in a fire? Agree with Jack...
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • papashawngo
    papashawngo Member Posts: 7
    Options
    good stuff

i agree with jack as well. is it possible to vent your exhause through the flue and draw your fresh air from another location? some boilers allow for unbalanced flue installations ie triangle tube. i have been using the cenrotherm liners for over a year now and absolutely love installing them as opposed to all the other alternatives i have tried
This discussion has been closed.