Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ferrules on pex?

ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,583
I installed a new Delta faucet in our kitchen over the weekend and with the way I have the handle hot ended up towards you and cold is away from you (handle on side of faucet). My wife cannot stand this and says she hates it. So, I just found out I can spin the hot\cold logo on the handle so I will also need to swap the supply lines under the sink.

My problem is this faucet uses pex-c supply lines and I had to cut them and use plastic ferrules into the shutoff valves.

If I swap the hot and cold do I need to replace those plastic ferrules also or can I get away with reusing them? This last thing I want is to risk one of these lines blowing off as they worried me from the begging.

If I need to replace them do most stores carry them or are they considered a special item?

Thank you for your time.
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Pex supply lines

Since the supply lines are new, and if you did not tighten them all the way down upon installation (I never tighten a compression fitting all the way) you should be fine on reusing them, you will just have to snug them down a little more when you reinstall them, kind of like snugging down a packing nut. If you did compress them all the way, you should replace them.

Rob
  • RobG
    edited May 2013
    Pex supply lines

Since the supply lines are new, and if you did not tighten them all the way down upon installation (I never tighten a compression fitting all the way) you should be fine on reusing them, you will just have to snug them down a little more when you reinstall them, kind of like snugging down a packing nut. If you did compress them all the way, you should replace them.

Rob
  • RobG
    On another note

One thing that I like about Moen cartridges is that if the lines are reversed you can just spin the unit 180 degrees and there is no need to mess with the supply lines.

Rob
  • ChrisJ
    Moen

Any idea if Delta is the same?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • ChrisJ
    Nevermind

I've got a feeling the pex-c lines are molded right into the cartridge. It has the so called diamond seal thing Delta is pushing.
  • RobG
    Sorry

Chris, I don't know about the newer delta's. If they follow their old ball design, no, you cannot spin the ball to reverse flow. It looks like you may need a couple of compression couplings and some more plastic ferules or new supply lines. I wish I could be more help.

Rob 
This discussion has been closed.