Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Vitodens boilers

SpeyFitter
SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
So anyone with contacts with Viessmann in North America knows the launch of the new Vitodens is not far away. You can already see the new offerings across the pond. I've heard of some of the new upgrades to the Vitodens 200 but I'm wondering if the Vitodens 100 line up will garner any attention such as a smaller and larger 100. They also came out in Europe with a Vitodens 111 which has a 46 liter stainless dhw cylinder built into the boiler cabinet which I like the idea of way more than the combi plus as it has some buffer capacity to not short cycle the burner and heat exchanger as much along with being way cleaner looking to boot.
Class 'A' Gas Fitter - Certified Hydronic Systems Designer - Journeyman Plumber

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Not New

Across the pond. The new control is now 2yrs old. July will bring the larger Vitodens 200's with 2 new sizes up to 525,000. With that the Vtocrossal 200 will also be avail with the new control. Come Sept 1st all sizes of the new to us Vitodens 200, Vitodens 222-F combi and the1.5mil Vitocrossal will arrive.

I think the 222F will have the biggest impact. Will make 4.4gpm continuous with 26 gallons of storage and at a competitive price point to the Triangle Excellence.

I more excited about Vitocom then the actual boilers and for those that want to see it, the demo app is in the apo store at ITunes. Vitotrol Showcase..
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Price point?

A Vitodens 200 and indirect for price of Excellence?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • CMadatMe
    Yuppers

That's the word. Remember, no more PPM and the control

Programmed in English.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • zacmobile
    zacmobile Member Posts: 211
    edited May 2013
    vitosolar 300F

I want one of these: http://www.in-wohnen.de/uploads/pics/Vitosolar_300_F_Bild_1.jpg

Dual purpose space heating & domestic solar storage with backup boiler & solar pumping station, all pumps, mixing valves & controls built in for 8,500 Eur.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Offerings

Be prepared to wait. I've yet to see Viessmann meet the dates for product launch in the US. It always takes longer than the announcement date. On the West coast, we wait even longer.
  • CMadatMe
    Not This Time

Since Dr Lutz took over the US things have been steadily

changing compared to the past. Vitocrossal 200 with the new

GUI control is already in RI and the new larger Vitodens 200's

are on the boat making their way here.

Be assured by Sept all the new products will be available.
  • SpeyFitter
    100 vs 200

So if the price is coming down what niche does this leave for the 100? For example when you price out the kwe pump module for the 100 and add it to a 100 you're almost in 200 territory to the extent that with the added function of the 200 it makes the 100 almost look redundant in some ways.
  • CMadatMe
    WB2B19

Is pretty close to the price point of a WB1B10-35. The reason the 100 will maintain sales is that most installers think they need the muscle for DHW and in some cases that may be true.
  • Robert O'Brien
    KWE pump module?

New to me?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • CMadatMe
    edited May 2013
  • Robert O'Brien
    " I can do all this with Taco zone control"

I agree,we pretty much do all replacement work and all single temp. Not knocking the 200 but for these types jobs,I much prefer the 100. Other than the Lambda Pro,I don't feel like you're missing much with a 100 vs 200 on a typical 2 zone baseboard job
  • Greeny1
    Greeny1 Member Posts: 9
    Partner Program Annual Awards

They are also pulling the plug on the Viessmann Partner Program Annual Awards. Anyone on here that has been involved with this please make a point to voice your displeasure in an e-mail to your local rep. They're going to a "something for everyone" approach consisting of gift cards, t-shirts and coffee mugs. Booo
  • SpeyFitter
    In 5 years...

My bet is in about 5 years the "next big thing" in condensing boilers will be higher turn down ratio's on all boilers and perhaps we'll see the first inklings of the combination boiler/heat pumps I know they're working on in Europe. Maybe not here yet but what more can they bring out?  
  • CMadatMe
    Not Working On

They are out and readily available. Viessmann

Released 12 new products at ISH all different variations

of combi heat pump boilers to include their new absorption

Heat Pump Combi for Geo systems.
This discussion has been closed.