Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Indoor outdoor reset vs other valves

Rascal
Rascal Member Posts: 1
My plumber wants us to change from our current type valve (starts with T) to an indoor outdoor reset. We have high temps in the house over 82 degrees and thermostats are set at 64 but furnace continues to run and circulate in the house causing extreme heat and extreme propane bills. The domestic hot water circulator and primary circulator are pushing against the point with no pressure change sucking hot water through the home zone causing the system to run continuously. The broiler system is Burnham.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    valve type

is a small part of the picture.  Do you have a piping diagram or some photos you could share?
  • KCA_2
    KCA_2 Member Posts: 308
    edited April 2013
    I think that he's saying

that there are two circulators that are conected in series and that thay are pumping into the point of no pressure change....  (Expansion tank)....  The two circs in series doubles the head and since they can't pump past the PONPC they pull through the zone valves and cause a ghost flow.. So while they are away.... Everytime the domestic water (Side Arm) comes on heat is being applied to the floors of the home ... overheating the home to 82degF +-... The system isn't piped now in a primary / secondary  arangement so the Plumber is suggesting to pipe the system in that manner using close tees and outdoor reset...

Is that about right?
    :-) Ken
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    First off you

Need a new plumber. While a outdoor reset control may be a good idea, it most definitely won't solve your problem of the system running continuously
  • KCA_2
    KCA_2 Member Posts: 308
    I don't believe that

the system runs continuosly.... I believe that there is Ghost Flow... That's why he is considering re-piping in a Primary / Secondary arangement... and while he is doing that... he is going to add reset...

So the HO is just asking for verification on whether reset is a good idea and whether re-piping is a good idea.. At least that is what I can get from it...
    :-) Ken
This discussion has been closed.