Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

warminMaine

Murray
Murray Member Posts: 1
I have a one year old oil fired Buderus G115ws low temp boiler, with a Riello 40 burner.

It has a Beckett Aquastart Model 7600 boiler control.

Oil tank is indoors and oil line is overhead ( 6 ft.).

It was working well. Immediately after cleaning it would not restart.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    A little more

Info please. What did you clean. Did you open the oil filter. Did you remove the nozzel?
  • earl burnermann
    earl burnermann Member Posts: 126
    Just a guess

Not knowing anything more than that you have an overhead oil line, I would guess that you may have air in your oil line.
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Call

Call the guy that cleaned it back
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Bleed it

Sounds like whoever cleaned it didn't bleed the oil line enough. I would call them back. I would also if possible put the oil line on the ground. Riello burners don't like the oil line overhead.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Overhead Oil:

If the oil line runs overhead, it needs a TigerJoop. Riello's LOVE Tigerloops,

You get the two pipe kit for the Riello, install the bypass, and the two factory supplied fittings go right through the slot in the cover. You connect the flex lines to the adapters and to the Tigerloop. Connect the inlet to the oil line, cycle it a few times and your problems are over.

Don't even go to that place that Tigerloops are JUNK. They are mandatory in some European countries where two pipe oil systems are illegal. No oil returns from the burner to the tank are allowed.
  • fud215
    fud215 Member Posts: 12
    air in line

I like the tigerloop but you could just install a check valve on the oil line and that would prevent air in the oil line. Make sure there is no compression fittings on the line they tend to suck air.If you do put a check valve on the line put it close to the tank as possible.
  • earl burnermann
    Not a fan of check valves

I have to say that I have seen tons of check valves on oil lines to fix a problem that was eventually fixed by removing the check valves and replacing or fixing the suction leak in the oil line. Check valves will assure the oil travels in the direction that is required, but it will not fix a suction leak.
  • earl burnermann
    edited April 2013
    ++ for tigerloops

I agree with you icesailor when you support the use of tigerloops. Back in the day they where considered a bandaid fix. But not any more. Two pipe systems never run clean due to the increased vac created by them. Tigerloops solve that problem. I also like the fact that the tigerloop acts as a small holding tank for the oil thereby allowing it to heat up a bit before entering the pump. This is a big advantage for those using outside tanks.

You bring up another good point about the removal of the return line. A tigerloop won't solve a break in the feed oil line. But imagine the mess if the return line breaks outside! Holy Cow! I just filled up my tank and I need another delivery already. A pretty expensive cleanup that can be avoided by installing a tigerloop.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Check Valves/Vacuum:

Installing a check valve just promotes higher suction pressures  (vacuum) which is never a good thing.

A fuel pump, connected to a Tigerloop only develops enough vacuum to pull the product out of the Tigerloop reservoir. The circulation of the pump through the Tigerloop develops the suction needed to overcome the resistance. The friction of pumping the same oil through the tigerloop plus what it needs to burn causes the rise in temperature.

Check valves on well water pumps add a lot of resistance to the flow that the pump must overcome. Same with oil fuel pumps. Tigerloops add very little resistance to the pump. Put a GarBer spin on with a restriction gauge and check the suction pressure. Add a Tigerloop. There will be very little if any increase in suction pressure. Add a check valve and the suction will go up noticeably.
This discussion has been closed.