Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

T-drill t-55 vs t-60

Nathan_6
Nathan_6 Member Posts: 40
I've got an upcoming job were we are going to need to purchase a t-drill for. My question is what is the major difference between the t-55 and t-60? I know the T-60 is the current model and the t-55 bit shanks have to be cut down in length to fit the t-60's but performance and reliability wise is there really any difference? reason for asking is I have two used tools I'm looking at both is good shape but I can get the t-55 for around $1500 less.

I would love to save the $1500 dollars but I also want a good reliable tool that will pull many tees for me over the next 20 years. :-)

Thanks

Nathan

Comments

• Nathan_6
    Nathan_6 Member Posts: 40
    Wow I hoped this was a easy question.

I had hoped this would have been a quickly answered question from those who own a t-55 or t-60. I've Google searched and tried t-drills website but without any luck. I think I will go with the t-55 since they are still in use all over the place and take what I saved and put it towards a rem curvo bender. :-)
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Tools:

You get what you pay for.

If you buy a used tool from me, it hasn't been beaten.

If I bought a used tool from you (I wouldn't), it would have already been beaten into submission by someone else.

I once bought a new Hole Hawg. It broke in the first hole with a 1 1/8" auger bit. They gave me a new drill. If the used drill breaks right after you buy it, you are out the drill. It would have to be a really good deal for me to buy a used drill. And I still would probably pass on it.

Cutting down bits is making my head hurt. If you charge $100.00, what is the total time it takes you to pick up a used drill and modify it before you v=can use it. And how much would that add to the theoretical cost of the tool?

If you have to ask, you want to buy the used one. You get what you pay for. 
This discussion has been closed.